This course is perfect if you want to learn the diagnosis, testing and repair of electric vehicles and components.
You will be able to carry out a risk assessment on High voltage systems prior to working on them, as well as minimising the risk of injury to persons in contact with high voltage technologies.
The course includes:
- IMI awards overview
- Safety equipment and procedures
- Carry out insulation resistance testing on the High Voltage System and components
- Understand the use of live data and actuation tests to assist you in the diagnosis of the High Voltage System
- Potential equalisation connections and testing
- Interlock connections on DC cables – using vehicle wiring diagrams
- Carry out battery management system relay weld testing
- Test the power relays (contactors)
- Diagnose high voltage system faults, identify and minimise potential risks and demonstrate a safe working practice throughout
- Diagnose, remove and refit high voltage battery component
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Ruddington Fields Business Park
Date / time:
Please contact the Emtec team for details of start dates.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £500
This course is VAT-exempt.
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C034894 / Q034895
IMI Level 4 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement
You must have the IMI Level 3 Electric Vehicle qualification and a 1000 word assignment based on the knowledge gained at level 3.
Continual practical assessment and a 1000 word assignment prior to attending.